Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Savings to be used when you're old? What about if you're out of job?

You know what? I am currently out of job. It's been quite some time now.

I have exhausted my savings, personal ones, made while I was working all my 15 years of career, plus some monies from my late mother's inheritence. All gone after 1-year of un-employment.

What should I do? There's benevolent funds which I can turn to. I am an engineer registered and member of few professional bodies that do offer help for members who are in trouble such as being un-employed. They are IMechE (the benevolent website) as well as IEM. I haven't turned to them yet. I don't know how to beg them for some help, in my time of trouble. Pride, maybe?

Anyways, I do have my own personal saving at the Malaysian Employee Providence Fund,KWSP - Kumpulan Wang Simpanan Pekerja. I can't even withdraw my own monies from there. There's no scheme catered for this kind of trouble. I can withdraw some of them later when I'm 50 and the rest when I'm 55.

What should I do while I wait 12 years? I guess it's better for me to die now, so that my family could at least earn those EPF contribution of mine due to my death. They have that scheme. Or maybe I could injure myself so that I becomes invalid, they allow total withdrawal for that.

I'm seriously contemplating suicide. Nah, I can't and will not do that. I am a Muslim. We can't take our own life. But wait, someone else can do it for me. Mercy killing, euthanasia anyone? To help my family?

Or maybe you could help me by convincing your elected representative to lobby for EPF to allow withdrawal due to un-employment!

1 Comments:

Blogger mamat said...

Thanks for the comment dude.

Really appreciate it!

:)

Thursday, June 23, 2005 10:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home